Milwaukee is a great city with so much stuff to do! If you are struggling to find date night ideas or different things to do as a couple, I have compiled a list of my top ten favorite date night ideas to do in Milwaukee and links to their websites. Enjoy!
1) Milwaukee Brewers baseball games-Who doesn’t love to go out to the ballpark on a warm July night? Grab your sweetheart, pick up some tailgate food and make a night of it! Tickets can be as low as $5 for a game! https://www.mlb.com/brewers
2) Milwaukee Art Museum-the art museum is a beautiful building both inside and out! If art is not your thing, just go and watch the museum “wings” open and close at 10am, noon, and 5pm daily. It truly is an awesome sight! Many great art exhibitions come and visit the museum and are worth checking out. There are also some great coffee shops nearby that you can check out, like Colectivo on the lake! Here is the link to the art museum https://mam.org/ and for coffee/lunch before or after: http://colectivocoffee.com/cafes/lakefront/
3) Miller Brewery Tours-This is a totally free activity to do in Milwaukee for a date night! Tours run every 30 minutes from 10:30am-3:30pm. Tour the bottling line, learn about the history of the miller valley, and the development of the miller brand over the years. After the tour, get some samples of different beers that MillerCoors produces! Don’t worry, if you don’t like beer they have free soda at the end of the tour as well. https://www.millercoors.com/breweries/miller-brewing-company/tours/tour-information
4) Mayfair Mall-Shopping can be a great date idea! Mayfair mall is a great place to go shopping, dining, watch a movie, or just window shop! So spoil yourself and your spouse and hit the stores! https://www.mayfairmall.com/en.html
5) Milwaukee County Zoo-the Milwaukee County Zoo is a diamond in the rough! The Milwaukee County Zoo is seen as one of the top zoo’s in the country, and it is right in your backyard! See the seasonal exhibits for a new experience, see the elephants, the seal show, catch a ride on the train, or grab something to eat at one of the restaurants located in the zoo itself. The zoo also has some fun attractions throughout the year like Zoo A-La-Carte that brings in some of the greatest restaurants in the Milwaukee area and sets up food stations throughout the zoo. http://www.milwaukeezoo.org/
6) Splash Studios-Splash studios offers a great venue to learn to paint and create some awesome artwork! They are located in the third ward section of Milwaukee which offers some excellent dining and entertainment options. Splash offers an in house bar which can help get those creative juices flowing! Don’t be intimidated if you feel like you have no artistic ability, they walk you through step by step on how to paint an awesome picture! https://www.splashmilwaukee.com/
7) Jazz in the park-Every Thursday from June 1 to August 31 the East Side association puts on Jazz in the park and brings in local bands to perform from 5pm-9pm weekly. Grab your lawn chairs, your blanket, and bring some food and make a night of it all for free! http://easttown.com/?page_id=745
8) Harley Davidson Museum-come and learn about the history of one of most iconic brands to the Milwaukee area. See different models of motorcycles, watch videos of production, and even sit on a few of the bikes for some great picture opportunities! Before or after, grab a bite to eat or drink at Motor which is connected right to the museum! Also feel free to check out the awesome hotel and restaurant options at the Iron Horse Hotel which is right down the road. http://www.theironhorsehotel.com/ http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/museum.html?hbx_camp_id=hdredirect&urlvar=museum&camp_id=16&source_cd=Vanity_museum
9) Summerfest and ethnic festivals-Milwaukee has tons of festivals all summer long including one of the largest music festivals in the country! Check out Summerfest, Italian Fest, Mexican Fiesta, Bastille Days, Polish Fest, German Fest, or Irish fest. These fests all offer great food, great music, hand crafted goods, and great cultural experiences. These are great date options to check out for a new date day or idea! http://milwaukeeworldfestival.com/calendar-of-events
10) The Mitchell Park Conservatory (Domes)-check out a unique icon in the Milwaukee area! Tour 2 different biodomes (jungle and desert) and the unique offerings of the show dome which has different and changing exhibits all the time! Take a stroll through these the domes with your loved one and check it out! http://county.milwaukee.gov/MitchellParkConserva10116.htm
Patrick is a licensed professional counselor who specializes in working with couples who want to connect more, gain more intimacy, or work though marital issues. Patrick is the owner of Patrick Schultz LLC counseling services. Check out his website at Milwaukeecounselor.com or call 262-236-5135 to set up an appointment!